A Message from Keith Jones, Chair of Suffolk Book League
Our programme for 2021-2 is now well advanced, and we look forward very much to welcoming you to an exciting and varied programme of meetings. To the first of these, on Thursday September 16th, we welcome John Preston, author of “The Dig” (and other intriguing books) and we hope to see you at the Institute at 7.30 p.m. AS USUAL!
We are working with the staff of the Institute to make everyone comfortable, but also as safe as we can.
• We welcome everyone who has been doubly vaccinated or is otherwise protected from infection,and has no symptoms of Covid. In such a case, do not attend. We will refund any money we have received.
• On entry, please sign in with name and telephone number, or use the NHS Covid app QR Code to register your attendance.
• If you decide not to book in advance, remember that space is more limited than usual. You will be told at the door if there is no further room.
• Use disinfectant (available inside the Institute) especially after handling money, books etc.
• Please wear a mask while you are attending the meeting, and remove it only when necessary (for example, if you are speaking to the room).
• Chairs have been spaced, which reduces the capacity of the room slightly. There is room to circulate without crowding one another, but have a care.
• Windows and ventilation have been arranged to encourage a flow of air through the rooms. This may cause us to be a bit chillier than usual, so you may want to dress accordingly.
With these slight restrictions we look forward to a most enjoyable gathering. Don't forget to reserve a seat in advance to make sure there is room for you!
The Woodbridge Emporium, our supporting bookshop, will be providing a stall for you to purchase books.
If you have not yet joined our Facebook group, we encourage you to do so, for plenty of information about the pleasures of books, and a chance to tell others about your own reading. And this in addition to Booktalk, our regular magazine, published on line (contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you want alternative ways of reading it).
We hope you have enjoyed some marvellous reading this summer. Autumn brings further treats for book lovers.